Die ESA veranstaltet rund um das GMES, das Global Monitoring for Environment and Security im Rahmen der GMES Masters einen mobile App Contest mit insgesamt 60.000 Euro Preisgeld. Nichts wie ran!
- Participants are required to submit application ideas incl. business concepts.
- Working prototypes are welcome but not necessaryto be eligible.
- Participants are requested to upload a visualisation (e.g. screenshot) of the app design.
- In addition to concepts for new mobile apps it is also possible to submit ideas of how to extend existing apps by adding GMES data (e.g. enriching weather apps by providing information on location-based UV-radiation).
- Participants are requested to describe which data they will need to make their app operational, on the basic assumption that GMES data will be available and free of charge.
- Submission is open for all mobile operating systems.
The winner will be considered for support by one of the five European Space Agency's Business Incubation Centres (ESA BICs) across Europe. The incubation package has a value of up to 60,000 Euro.
As part of the OverallContest GMES Masters you, as a winner of the ESA App Challenge can also win the Overall Contest:
The overall winner – the GMES Master – will be selected amongst the winners of - the Ideas Challenge, - the ESA App Challenge, - the DLR Environmental Challenge and - the T-Systems Cloud Challenge by a panel of experts and will receive an additional cash prize of EUR 20,000.
The website for the contest is: